Moretrench Staff Engineer Laura Porras, a 2015 graduate of the Colorado School of Mines, was recently invited to take part in a discussion on the challenges faced by female engineers in the tunneling industry. Hosted by Tunnel Business Magazine, the question and answer session featured a cross-section of women in the industry who exchanged views on such topics as increasing diversity in a traditionally male-dominated field, how more female engineers can benefit the industry, and the role of professional organizations in supporting and promoting female engineers. You can read the transcript of the discussion here.
- New Freeze Plant soon to join Moretrench’s Ground Freezing Fleet
- Vancouver’s Port Mann Tunnel Finally Goes into Service with Help from Moretrench’s Ground Freezing Expertise
- ESOP Brings Rutgers to Moretrench
- Colorado School of Mines Annual Underground Grouting and Ground Improvement Short Course
- Its not just George Washington’s birthday this week… its also National Engineers Week!