Moretrench Staff Engineer Laura Porras, a 2015 graduate of the Colorado School of Mines, was recently invited to take part in a discussion on the challenges faced by female engineers in the tunneling industry. Hosted by Tunnel Business Magazine, the question and answer session featured a cross-section of women in the industry who exchanged views on such topics as increasing diversity in a traditionally male-dominated field, how more female engineers can benefit the industry, and the role of professional organizations in supporting and promoting female engineers. You can read the transcript of the discussion here.
- New York City 46th Street Vent Plant
- MARK YOUR CALENDAR FOR THE 41st ANNUAL ASCE MET SECTION GEOTECHNICAL SEMINAR
- Colorado School of Mines Annual Underground Grouting and Ground Improvement Short Course
- Moretrench’s Jon Bennett to Present at the ADSC Mid-Atlantic Chapter Drilled Shaft Seminar
- ASCE Hudson Valley Branch Meeting to feature Moretrench Rapid Response Project