Clean closure or rehabilitation of coal combustible storage (CCR) facilities can be significantly enhanced in terms of both safety and reduced project duration by the implementation of specialty dewatering, grouting and cut-off and containment techniques. Moretrench offers a range of site-specific options to assist facility owners in meeting project requirements efficiently and effectively. Learn more here.
Environmental Remediation Archives - Moretrench
- Landfill gas extraction systems consisting of vertical gas wells and horizontal gas collection trenches
- Landfill gas and leachate management including operation and maintenance of flares, methane power generating plants and leachate conveyance systems and pump stations
- Soil bentonite and cement bentonite slurry trenches for perimeter containment and control
Groundwater and wastewater recovery and treatment options include customized treatment systems and hydrocarbon recovery and dual phase extraction. Water treatment systems are configured specifically for the contaminants encountered and may include such elements as pH neutralization, granular active carbon adsorption, and filtration, among others. Dual phase extraction systems simultaneously remove groundwater and free-phase petroleum hydrocarbons by means of a strong vacuum applied through screened recovery wells. The recovered product is collected and treated.
- Groundwater recovery and treatment
- Barrier techniques (cut-off and exclusion)
- Landfill gas and leachate systems
- Contaminated soil excavation and disposal