Posted: November 30, 2017
Location: Gonzales, LA
Employment Type: Full Time
Education: High School
Manage Others: No
Required Travel: Not Specified
A laborer is responsible for the majority of the physical labor performed on construction projects. May operate a variety of hand and power tools. May lift and move objects, prepare the job site by clearing any debris, removing waste materials.
Perform a variety of tasks involving strenuous manual labor on construction projects; preparing jobsite including lifting and moving construction material, excavate and fill trenches and ditches, safely operate hand power tools, loadingand unloading materials, spotting for equipment movement.
- Some knowledge of proper use of equipment, materials and supplies used in construction work.
- Ability to work independently and complete daily activities according to work schedule.
- Ability to lift objects, walk and stand for long periods of time and perform strenuous physical labor under adverse field conditions.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing, understand, follow and transmit written and oral instructions.
- Ability to use equipment and tools properly and safely.
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency.
Maintain a clean job site including tools and equipment to eliminate potential hazards.
- Exercises their right, responsibility, and obligation to stop work when knowledgeable of job hazards.
- Promote and maintain a safe work environment, ensure that proper safety and incident reporting procedures are followed, attend daily tool box meetings and company training programs.
- Must work productively and safely, consistently meet the production goals as set by the Foreman, Superintendent or Project Manager
Qualifications & Requirements
- Any combination of education and experience that demonstrates the knowledge and ability to perform the work.
- Willingness and ability to perform manual work following verbal and written instructions.
- Adhere to OSHA safety requirements. Wear mandated protective equipment and clothing.
- Complete and pass all training requirements and attend all safety training programs as required.
- Exercise the right, responsibility, and obligation to stop work when knowledgeable of job hazards.
- All employees are expected to adhere to the safety policies of Moretrench and the clients for whom we work. Following the safety policies of Moretrench Environmental Services, Inc. is a condition of employment and is everyone’s responsibility.