Posted: November 29, 2017
Location: Riverview, FL
Employment Type: Full Time
Education: College Degree
Experience: 5+ Years
Manage Others: Yes
Required Travel: Not Specified
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Designs and supervises construction projects including but not limited to process and manufacturing mechanical systems, retention ponds, dams, dewatering systems, piping system, roads, bridges, etc.
- Reviews and confirms engineering drawings from clients to assist bidding and construction activities.
- Keeps consideration of job site safety, company safety policy, and OSHA safety requirements as paramount in all project design and planning activities.
- Works with the Estimating Department and Project Managers on bids and projects to estimate and monitor costs, determine and track personnel and material needs, and set and actively monitor project schedules.
- Prepares proposals, carries out negotiations, and resolves engineering and field issues with clients.
- Follows and relies on direction, instruction, and pre-established guidelines of immediate supervisor, and the company, to perform the functions of the job.
- Works to continue professional development and growth by attending technical classes and continuing educational workshops to improve skills for the benefit of the company.
- Strong familiarity and experience with operation and maintenance of heavy earthwork equipment.
- Proven record of successful project execution and productivity.
- Possesses excellent leadership skills and knowledge in all phases of earthwork with a strong working knowledge of engineering layout, earthwork/site construction.
- Self starter who assumes leadership of and enjoys responsibility for employees and for project execution.
- Able to carry out project activities with a minimal amount of supervision.
- Able to recognize and adjust to changing project conditions, and direct/redirect efforts toward successful project completion.
- Strong knowledge and appreciation of OSHA requirements, and a record of managing safe work sites.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with all levels of coworkers, employees, subcontractors, suppliers and outside parties including owners and engineers,
- Flexible, well-organized, detail oriented and able to manage multiple field activities.
- Strong computer skills.
- Possesses excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
- Possesses strong computer skills related to the use spreadsheets and estimating programs including Excel, Word, MS Project, and HCSS.
- Possesses strong commitment to safety and considers safety issues as the highest priority in all project activities.
- Carries active knowledge of commonly-used engineering concepts, practices, and procedures related to mechanical and earthwork projects.
- Has received a four year degree in civil engineering, or the equivalent.
- Adhere to OSHA safety requirements. Wear mandated protective equipment and clothing.
- Complete and pass all training requirements and attend all safety training programs as required.
- Exercise the right, responsibility, and obligation to stop work when knowledgeable of job hazards.
- All employees are expected to adhere to the safety policies of Moretrench and the clients for whom we work. Following the safety policies of Moretrench Environmental Services, Inc. is a condition of employment and is everyone’s responsibility.