Posted: November 30, 2017
Skilled Labor – Trades
Employment Type: Full Time
Education: High School
Manage Others: No
Required Travel: Not Specified
- Works under the direction of the Welding Superintendent, Lead Welder, and/or others assigned by Moretrench management.
- Practices and adheres to requirements of applicable welding procedures.
- Practices and adheres to safe operating protocols and procedures on jobsites according to OSHA, MSHA, ANSI, and Moretrench welding safety protocols and requirements.
- Inspects all assigned equipment for proper and safe operation prior to using.
- Regularly works near moving mechanical parts and in outside conditions that include inclement weather.
- Immediately, reports any equipment damage, maintenance problems or concerns, or safety issues to the Welding Superintendent and /or Lead Welder as directed by management.
- Works safely in a wide variety of climatic conditions and jobsite environments commonly found at Moretrench job sites.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Possesses basic understanding of and experience with SMAW welding processes.
- Demonstrates capabilities to the Moretrench QC Manager by performing open butt groove weld with out backing on structural steel plate in horizontal, vertical, and overhead positions utilizing 6010 root and 7018 filler and cap processes (SMAW).
- Understands basic safety concepts and proper safety procedures related to welding including, but not limited to, safety equipment, protective clothing, and procedures applicable to the cutting and welding of metals. (ref. NCCER 29101-03,Welding Safety ANSI Z49.1)
- Skilled in working safely on jobsites according to OSHA, MSHA, ANSI, and other welding safety protocols and requirements.
- Understands the set up of arc welding equipment, and the uses of tools for cleaning welds. (ref. NCCER 29105-03 SMAW – Equipment and Setup)
- Understands electrode characteristics and different types of filler metals.
- Understands proper storage and control of filler metals. (ref. NCCER 29106-03 SMAW – Electrodes and Selection)
- Understands open butt groove welds.(ref. NCCER 29108-03 SMAW – Groove Welds without Backing)
Qualifications & Requirements
- Any combination of education and experience that demonstrates the knowledge and ability to perform the work.
- Must be 18 years or older and have a valid and appropriate state drivers license prior to employment
- Complete and pass all training requirements and attend all safety training programs as required.
- Exercise the right, responsibility, and obligation to stop work when knowledgeable of job hazards.
- All employees are expected to adhere to the safety policies of Moretrench and the clients for whom we work. Following the safety policies of Moretrench Environmental Services, Inc. is a condition of employment and is everyone’s responsibility.